Thursday, January 31, 2013

Eastern Spinebills like Agapanthus

I posted recently on my main blog about the different Honeyeaters feeding on the red-hot pokers in our sunroom garden bed.  An earlier post included some shots of Eastern Spinebills using this food source.  The spinebills have also been feeding on the Agapanthus flowers in another bed.  While I have yet to get a shot of one doing a hummingbird impersonation  the following are quite pleasant images.


Such acceptance of alien blossom must really annoy the People for Botonical Purity!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! I didn't realize that this bird was so small. I have never seen one. Thankyou for sharing, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I am very happy to receive constructive comments. However anything I deem offensive will not be published.