Friday, January 5, 2007

Quail, pigeons and other non-songbirds part1

Sorry about the unhelpful post title, but I couldn't see any other way to describe this grab-bag.

Emu
Stubble Quail

Brown Quail
Rock Dove
One of the many colour-forms of the domesticated pigeon.

Spotted Turtle-Dove
Common Bronzewing
 The golden forehead shows this to be a male.

Crested Pigeon

Tawny Frogmouth
 The 2011 family on a foggy morning.  The female is, as usual a little separate from the rest of the family.
 This is the 2010 family: the adult male is closest to the camera.
I try not to take too many flash images: with eyes that big it must be unpleasant for the bird.

To say the least I have taken many images of the various Tawny Frogmouths over the last 4 years.  I suggest start here and follow links to other posts (or select the label 'Frogmouths to see the lot).

Australian Owlet-nightjar
White-throated Needletail
Fork-tailed Swift
Painted Button-quail

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very happy to receive constructive comments. However anything I deem offensive will not be published.